Shopify is a subscription-based software that enables entrepreneurs to set up an e-commerce store. It features built-in marketing tools, an excellent inventory system, and 24/7 support. Its ease of use, competitive pricing, and numerous convenient features make it one of the most popular platforms in the world. And an essential element to success is a well-designed landing page.
A landing page urges action. A visitor lands on the page from an external source and sees an engaging message that instantly grabs their attention and compels them to complete an explicitly stated CTA (call to action).
A landing page on Shopify exists to achieve a single goal. You devote every aspect of that page to inspiring visitors to attain that goal by taking a specific action, such as to complete a sale or fill out a form. When it’s done well, a landing page can be incredibly effective. And on Shopify, you have a few ways you can go about it.
How To Create a Landing Page on Shopify From Scratch
You can build a landing page in Shopify from scratch using Liquid, an open-source programming language created by Shopify. While it can be satisfying to do it yourself, keep in mind that this is one of the more time-consuming methods. Shopify features a more in-depth guide for using Liquid, but here’s a basic breakdown:
- Create a unique Liquid template file.
- Add content.
- Place a sign-up form on your Shopify landing page.
- Incorporate your CTA button.
- Bring everything together on your custom page template.
Create a Landing Page for Shopify With Collections
Collections can enable you to create a group of items that go well together. For instance, you can put together a swaddle, infant pajamas, and a plush toy in a collection. That way, your target audience of expectant parents can find everything on a single page. As a bonus, it allows you to upsell customers on items related to their initial purchase.
Let’s take a look at how to create a landing page using Collections:
- Go to "Menu" and select "Products."
- Click "Collections."
- Create a curated collection of items by adding each one manually or let Shopify automatically curate a collection based on specific conditions you set.
- Fill in your page title and URL.
Shopify Landing Page Builder Apps
If you’re new to e-commerce website templates, you’ll find many helpful tools on Shopify’s app store. Searching for a "landing page builder" will produce several results. We’ve narrowed down some of the best ones and highlighted their key benefits to help make choosing one easier.
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop functionality
- Works with any Shopify theme
- Import existing pages to edit them if you want
- A/B testing ability
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- At least 30 design elements for customized landing pages
- Monitor performance with built-in analytics
- Adaptive to any theme
- Easy jumpstart with premade sections and holiday templates
- More than 50 templates for businesses in a range of industries
- 65+ elements within the GemPages library, such as countdown timers, forms, and stock counters
- Integration with other apps to show social proof, product options, and more
- A/B testing campaigns
- Create visually stunning landing pages
- Integrates automatically with Google Analytics and Facebook pixel
- Ability to integrate with MailChimp and Klaviyo
- Ability to remove Shopify’s header and footer for a more distraction-free landing page
- Native Shopify integration
- Full reporting suite
- New templates added regularly
- Every page is mobile responsive and 100% editable
- Split testing capabilities
Third-Party Landing Page Builders for Your Shopify Site
You can also use a third-party landing page builder to create effective landing pages that integrate with your Shopify website. One of the easiest ways to do this is to make a customized buy button that you add to your landing pages. Some landing page builders, such as Leadpages, allow you to export your pages as HTML to publish as page templates in Shopify. Again, you have several options:
Partner With a Professional for Optimized Shopify Landing Pages
Another option is working with a professional landing page designer or agency. Companies like Cleverly get to know your business, customers, and goals to create effective and optimized landing pages. Their team of experts can manage every aspect of your landing pages:
- Build an on-brand landing pages that are unique to your business
- Craft great offers, compelling content, and simple but clear CTAs that inspire action
- Split A/B test your landing pages, enabling gradual optimization for the best results
Now that you know what options you have for creating Shopify landing pages, you can consider factors such as budget, experience, bandwidth, and goals when making your decision. You might also experiment with different options to see which one provides the best landing pages for you and your business.