How To Do LinkedIn Live: A Step-By-Step Guide
LinkedIn Live is a powerful tool for businesses and individuals to reach and engage with their audiences in real-time. With its interactive features, it enables you to connect with your followers and customers on a more personal level.
In this article, we will guide you step-by-step on how to do LinkedIn Live:
How To Do A LinkedIn Live: A Quick Overview
LinkedIn Live is a feature that allows you to broadcast live video content to your LinkedIn network. It is available to all users and organizations with a LinkedIn Page.
Before you can start broadcasting on LinkedIn Live, you need to meet the following requirements:
LinkedIn Live Application: Creator Criteria That Must Be Met
1. Have a LinkedIn Profile: To start, you need to have a profile on LinkedIn in order to begin the process of live streaming. If you don't have a LinkedIn profile, you'll need to create one first.
2. Meet the Page Follower threshold: Your LinkedIn profile must have at least 150 followers to be eligible for LinkedIn Live.
3. See if you are approved for LinkedIn Live: Once you meet the Page Follower threshold, you can check if you are eligible for LinkedIn Live by following these steps:
- Enable Creator Mode
- Go to your LinkedIn profile and scroll down to "Resources" . Click on "Creator Mode".
- Scroll down to "Creator tools" and check to see if LinkedIn Live is "Available".
4. Use a Third-Party Broadcasting Tool: LinkedIn Live requires a third-party broadcasting tool to stream your content. There are several tools available such as Streamyard, Restream, and BeLive. These tools allow you to create professional-quality broadcasts with interactive features.
How Do You Go Live On LinkedIn? 6-Step Process & Best Practices
Once you have met the requirements and have been approved for LinkedIn Live, you can start broadcasting. Here is a step-by-step guide to broadcasting on LinkedIn Live:
Step 1: Choose a LinkedIn Live Streaming Broadcasting Tool
Choose a broadcasting tool that is compatible with LinkedIn Live. Some of the popular tools are Streamyard, Restream, and BeLive. These tools have free and paid versions, so choose the one that suits your needs and budget.
Step 2: Connect Your Broadcasting Tool to LinkedIn
Once you have chosen a broadcasting tool, you need to connect it to LinkedIn. To do this, you will need to log in to your LinkedIn account and access the "Live" section of your LinkedIn Page. From there, click on "Start a Live video" and follow the instructions to connect your broadcasting tool.
Step 3: Prepare Your Broadcast
Before going live, make sure you have a clear idea of what you want to broadcast. Prepare your content, and plan your script or talking points. Make sure your background is clean and tidy, and your lighting and audio are of good quality.
Step 4: Go Live On LinkedIn Streaming
Once you are ready to go live, start your broadcasting tool, and then click on "Go Live" on your LinkedIn Page. Your audience will be notified that you are live, and they can join your broadcast by clicking on the notification.
Step 5: Interact with Your Audience
During your broadcast, make sure you engage with your audience by answering their questions and responding to their comments. This will help you build a stronger connection with your followers and customers.
Step 6: End Your Broadcast
Once you have finished your broadcast, click on "End Broadcast" on your broadcasting tool. Your video will be saved to your LinkedIn Page, and your followers can watch it later if they missed it live.
For additional LinkedIn Live resources, please visit these links:
- LinkedIn Live Overview
- Criteria For Going Live On LinkedIn
- Getting Started With LinkedIn Live Streaming
LinkedIn Live is a great way to reach and engage with your audience on a more personal level. With the help of third-party broadcasting tools, you can create high-quality broadcasts with interactive features that will help you connect with your followers and customers in real-time.
If you're looking to take your LinkedIn sales and marketing to the next level, consider reaching out to Cleverly. Their team of experts can help you optimize your LinkedIn strategy and create engaging content that resonates with your audience.